View Single Post
10-29-08, 08:09 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
One of the args in the combat log is spell school. http://www.wowwiki.com/API_COMBAT_LO...T#Spell_School
yeah, i failed to be sufficiently specific in my question, due to my own ignorance.

i am looking at dumps of COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED events right now, from my mage. looks like the spell school is only listed in SPELL_DAMAGE combat events. not in SPELL_CAST_START combat events, nor in UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT log events.

so, coloring a cast bar, or coloring some sort of cast warning text of some sort, for events with a "cast time", based on spell school looks like it could be tricky.

i suppose i could track SPELL_DAMAGE (and other such combat log DAMAGE events) and map SpellID to school over time, by sniffing the combat log. save the mapping in Saved Variables, and even let the user edit the mapping, specify custom colors for specific events, all that jazz.

anyway, thanks for the pointer. i will cogitate on this some more. at least it appears to be doable in some form, even if somewhat indirectly.

Last edited by acapela : 10-29-08 at 09:28 PM.