Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-14-08, 08:33 PM   #1
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Carbonite Quest

I seriously doubt anyone here is going to like this opinion:

Modding and addons are done by nice people, smart people. They are submitted for free, and give the author a sense of pride for many reasons, releasing something that will help others. Also for having their name on a mod that tons of people use.

This basic concept has kept the addons free from the very beginning. We let a mod in that REQUIRES PAYMENT for the full feature of an addon, then everyone will be crippling their work and only releasing teaser addons!

Let's take Mazzle UI, or for that matter Fubar and even ACE ..... Lets say they employed the same money making tactics.

Now that we are all hooked on these great addons that we have come to adore and rely on, just think if we now had to shell out XX dollars per month/year for their "full" useage.

This is where it starts.

I myself just got hit with a separate window pop upon entering wowinterface.com. Now this i can understand, they have costs to host this site and I'm certain the developers and site admins have more important things to do for free. I believe they all deserve a few clicks here and there, and even upgrade the account, make a donation in the amount of your choice.

That being said, I am going to remove my portal and delete my addons from being downloaded until i get an email at [email protected] stating that this addon here has been banned from wowinterface.com.

I understand I'm not going to get what I ask for, so this is good bye for me, off to find or CREATE a place that does not permit the futuristic thrashing of the addon world as we know it.

Rodger