Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-14-08, 10:24 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Seerah you point out that thread on the WoW forums. I don't visit them much but I though official posts where from "Blue's" ?? .. .all I see are Green (forum mods??) and normal white. I see no official blue posts there.
Flarin linked the same thread. And you're right - Blizzard posters are Blue. But does that make it any less true? Or do I need to go and dig up a blue post? Or is it that you're just being argumentative?

Here's part of our discussion on irc from Monday night:
(22:33:38) (+Seerah) Blizzard has stated that for-pay mods are legit
(22:33:49) (@Cairenn) of course they are legit
(22:33:54) (+Seerah) the code belongs to the author - it's not like selling items
(22:34:10) (@Cairenn) exactly
(22:34:10) (+Seerah) if an author wants to charge for use of their code, it's their prerogative.
(22:34:17) (@Cairenn) yup
(22:35:54) (+Shirik) (22:33:38) (+Seerah) Blizzard has stated that for-pay mods are legit
(22:36:14) (+Shirik) what they state is irrelevant :P They've released their code into the public domain and granted access to use the API
(22:36:30) (+Shirik) It's been upheld in court (see GPL cases) that an addon and WoW will be considered two separate addons
(22:36:37) (+Shirik) er, two separate programs
(22:36:40) (@Cairenn) Shirik: you're arguing the same point
(22:36:44) (+Shirik) I know I'm just saying
(22:36:45) (+Seerah) yeah
(22:36:54) (@Cairenn) she said ARE legit, not are NOT legit
(22:37:10) (+Shirik) yeah I'm just saying... even if they didn't say that :P They can't choose
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh