Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-14-08, 10:30 PM   #10
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Glad to know I am not alone in my feelings. It is really saddening, (honestly)..
I love this site and what it's stood for from day one. Now THIS addon has trampled on things I thought this site stood for.

What's wrong with a donation link? It seems to work for everyone else?

This is the first mod (addon) I have EVER seen approved by this site that is crippled!

By crippled i mean this:
1) - It is NOT the full version.
2) - Addon authors can NOT edit it for personal use, nor use it's code.
3) - Payment IS "required" to utilize the full (real) version that this one is
meant to entice you into paying for.
4) - Much like the very first lick of an ice cream, you ARE going to want
another lick. So pull out that wallet, cause the choice to donate is no
longer yours.

Since playing WoW, this has been my main 'hang out' for many reasons, mainly due to the admins of the site. The morals they pratice when envoking a rule. Their keen sense of judgement when it comes to approve or deny a post,upload,avatar,signature,etc.
Having downloaded some pretty foul ui's, software and addons from other
sites in the past, I hung my hat on the wowinterface.com door and made this my "home".. Every now and again, i will go and have a look see at a few other places that host forums and addons, nothing else comes close to the quality maintained here by the users, authors, and admins..

UNTIL NOW

I Own a few wow related domains, they are empty... and yes i am upset enough to put tons of work into one and make it spring to life, but I for one do not have the time. I can only silently pray that this addon, and others in the future with the same logic, get banned and stay banned.

Rodger

-edit-
Please dont turn this into a business resource, can't we keep it the way it has been?
Imagine what comes in the next 6 months if this one gets to stay. Take a few minutes before you reply, and please... imagine it.

Last edited by Tweeker : 02-14-08 at 10:35 PM.