View Single Post
03-24-22, 03:40 AM   #10
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Lua Code:
  1. if oldstanding and oldstanding<newstanding then
TrackedFactions starts as an empty table so oldstanding will always be nil until a new faction entry is added.
Lua Code:
  1. if not oldstanding or oldstanding<newstanding then
That only controls the sound playing, not the recording. The idea is for PLAYER_LOGIN to start the initial scan, populating TrackedFactions. Further updates compare previous values added and act accordingly. If a new faction was added mid-session, it's designed to not play the sound and still record the initial value.

Looks like the issue was with the hasrep flag. I assumed it was for all factions that show a reputation bar, but it only applies to headers. This adjusts accordingly.

Replace this
Code:
local _,_,newstanding,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,hasrep,_,_,faction=GetFactionInfo(i);
if hasrep and faction and (newstanding or 0)>0 then
with this
Code:
local _,_,newstanding,_,_,_,_,_,isheader,_,hasrep,_,_,faction=GetFactionInfo(i);
if faction and (not isheader or hasrep) and (newstanding or 0)>0 then

Also be sure to change PlaySoundFile("Interface\\AddOns\\YourAddOn\\YourSoundFile.ogg") to the path to the sound file you wish to play. This is relative to the client's install directory. Note YourAddOn and YourSoundFile.ogg are the parts to change accordingly.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 03-24-22 at 04:12 AM.