View Single Post
07-26-08, 11:31 AM   #236
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation A couple of things...

First... the new units are about 50% complete and gaining speed as I sort out the kinks in the new design. Between the radical changes in the units and the plans for a new player/party/raid panel in the dashboard and some other layout tweaks, I've decided the next release (unless I make an interim emergency bug fix) will be nUI Beta 2

The good news is that this release will solve (I hope) most of the few complaints I have with nUI's design... including the ability to toggle the HUD off, raid unit sizes, health bars on the primary units, etc.

The bad news is that for those of you who have customized your WTF SavedVariables nUI.lua file... um.... well.... err.... yeah... it won't work with the new design. In preparation for supporting skinning nUI, I have completely re-written how I am handling layout configuration. Sorry for those who are going to get stepped on by this, but I had to do it.

The other good news is that Beta 2 will support localization. Yaay. I already have one person who has offered to help me translate to German, though having more than one person I can call on would be nice. I need people who can translate to French and Spanish, as well, in addition to any other languages nUI users might be playing under. If you would be interested in helping me translate nUI's messages into other languages, please leave me a private message here on WoWI or drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Lastly... I wanted to take a moment to publicly thank those of you who have donated to nUI's ongoing development... you have no idea what it means to me. Seriously. To be honest, money is tight in my life right now and every dollar makes a huge difference. I won't ever name names in respect of everyone's privacy and I do thank each of you privately, but I did want to tell you publicly how much I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 07-26-08 at 11:34 AM.