View Single Post
08-29-12, 10:13 AM   #136
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jc2470 View Post
I appreciate the work rythal has done for us impatient people. But remember this is not his addon, and from what i understand the creators of it are busy, so because it isnt updated the day of the release of a new patch, is no reason to assume the creator of it has abandoned it and shouldnt be suggested that they give it over to someone else. This is obviously a project that they have dedicated large amounts of time to.

I do appreciate rythals quick response in getting it working, thx bro. But I am still hoping the creators continue the project.
I agree with you in the the hope the creators do continue with it, where a lot of it stems from is a) we never see them post, or say anything to us, they have been on and looking at there profiles confirms they have been on, but not once did they mention or say if they plan on updating it for MoP. If there had been a post I wouldn't of done it myself and saved myself the headache.

and b) on the first page of this topic, someone said they were told by the devs that they are deciding wither to update it, or hand it over to community.... the people suggesting they give it over are just asking for option 2.. and while the decision does still remain with them, at least they know if they do someone is here, willing, and wanting to work on it.

I fully intend to stand by there decision once they have made it, and if they ask me to stop I will. It just means I'll have to start over taking what i've learned so far about how the map is put together and rewriting it from scratch as a new addon if I find carbonite isn't being updated beyond bug fixes again.