View Single Post
11-11-08, 10:18 PM   #34
Grayson Carlyle
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
My only point - people have a right to complain. Respect those rights.
No, you have a right to choose. If you don't like the service/product you're paying for you, you can choose not to continue paying for or purchasing any further products from them. Listening to complaints is beneficial to a producer so that they can influence your next choice. However, you do not have a right to complain, nor a right to be heard. You have the opportunity to complain and the right to choose. It may seem a minor difference to you, but it's a very important one.

-- No longer directed at Republic --
As for the servers, stupid comments about them not having data backup is kind of ironic, since they're reprocessing every item/owner transaction from the last two weeks to restore your mail to you after a very severe database corruption.

They have 6 months of every single chat you've sent through their servers logged. That 14-year-old girl you cybered 2 months ago? Yah, they have that logged. Their instantaneous snapshots of everything go back just as far. I do not know how far back transaction history logs go, but processing 15 days of of transactions to sift out the resultant mail so you can still have all the items and gold you thought you had before the maintenance sure sounds like customer support to me. They could just say **** it and let you lose that mail.