View Single Post
05-23-11, 06:55 PM   #1
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Customising Stuf

Hi all,
After a long time of using Stuf Unit Frames, there's been alot of questions on how to do some things with it,
and some of the answers, although worked only did so much towards the original question leaving alot of things not working the way some users wanted.

i.e. Square Pixel borders on all elements, the method posted somewhere on this forum only seemed to create these borders on certain bars.

So the following posts are modifications I've made to Stuf to enable you todo stuff with Stuf that was not previously not do-able.

Unfortunately I have only 3 mods available at the moment, but if there are any other improvements you want let me know and I'll see if I can come up with something for you.

The first mod allows the user to attach panels to any of the elements that make up the unit frame.

The second mod allows the user to create pixel perfect borders around any element of the unit frame.

The third mod allows the user to anchor the unit frames from a point to any point on the screen, this one is the most advanced mod I've done.

These modifications require the editing of lua files with a text editor, and thus are really aimed at those who know a little amount of code editing, but should be doable by anyone.
For editing lua files I recommend using Notepad++ but there are plenty out there to chose from.

All the above edits can be done with WoW open as we're not adding any files to the environment. The edits can be instigated by reloading the UI, after each.

So with out further ado lets begin.

Lordyfrb