View Single Post
08-18-12, 05:36 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guys, he's already using BugSack:

Originally Posted by knsa12 View Post
The only LUA error I'm getting (including looking in bugsack) was an error from a plug in in grid so I removed grid and it's still happening.
But yeah, without seeing the actual errors, it's pretty hard for us to help you. I'm not going to back up and delete my entire UI, and then install the compilation you linked to, and hope I get the same errors, when you could just take 10 seconds to copy the error and paste it in a forum post.

Some other notes:

(1) Have you tried updating your addons? The compilation you linked to is 8 months old, which means that if you didn't update the addons it comes with, then all of your addons are at least 8 months out of date. If you don't want to go look up the addons individually, you can use the MMOUI Minion or the Curse Client to do it automatically.

(2) Often, only the first error that occurs is meaningful, and the others are caused by the first one. In BugSack, click the "Current Session" tab along the bottom, then shift-click the "Previous" button to get to the first error that occured since you logged in this time. Check the first line of the error message; if they're all from the same addon, just post the first one. If you're seeing errors from multiple addons, just post the first error from each addon.

(3) Errors from Grid plugins (usually) have nothing to do with Grid. The most common cause of errors from Grid plugins is that you're using a plugin that hasn't been updated in years and is not compatible with the current versions of Grid of even WoW itself. You can just remove the individual plugin, and continue using Grid and any other plugins you have installed.