View Single Post
02-28-13, 09:26 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
This is happening because Carb now uses the Blizzard quest database api to populate it's quest watch.
Pre-85 quests are in Carb's own internal database. (which is why you see the different colour quest blobs on quests before level 85)

I get this issue as well, but I use a different addon for my questing needs (Zygor) so it does not impact me enough to worry about it.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a problem with Carb though.. As you have said, when you pick the quests up everything is fine and they show perfectly.

I've heard a /reload will load the quests that you have in that zone.

I'll leave it up to our resident guru Rythal to figure it out though. He seems to be able to fix everything! lol

Hopefully that explains what is happening
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Using blizzards quest information was just a stopgap until I have the chance to rewrite the quest code, it's unfortunately not perfect but it does work most the time which is why you never saw issue's.

Once the new alpha release is appearing to be bug free, the quest database rewrite is next on my list, tho i'm not looking forward to manually adding however many thousand quests came with MoP, laughs.

I wrote that in another section of the forum and I think it applies to this particular query as the quests you have mentioned are MOP quests.

I've included Rythal's reply too....

I hope this helps.

*edit Although I could be barking up the wrong tree as I don't have a hordie and neither does Rythal.

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 02-28-13 at 09:31 AM.