View Single Post
06-12-16, 07:02 PM   #17
kokomala
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
Once "Blizzard_ArtifactUI" is loaded, SocketInventoryItem(16) forces the UI to show the ArtifactFrame.
  • So you should use this gathering method only before the ArtifactUI was loaded
  • Afterwards its better to update your library whenever the ArtifactFrame is shown / updated while shown to avoid closing other frames...
That's basically what I do. I have 3 primary internal functions for gathering. RefreshEquipped(), RefreshBags() handle initial gathering/search functions which has the above check (or similar) and C_ArtifactUI.Clear(). They then call RefreshPowers() function which assumes C_ArtifactUI is populated (it does a small check) and does the actual data population. This is all called during login (PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD)

During regular gameplay, I call RefreshPowers() and that only occurs during ARTIFACT_UPDATE.

I was originally going to have a force update function, but I don't think that is necessary. Debating on writing a communication portion for sending trait information to other players, however that may be better suited for the addon itself rather than the library.

Last edited by kokomala : 06-12-16 at 08:44 PM.