View Single Post
03-24-10, 09:41 PM   #6
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dweessies View Post
I've had some really odd behavior, addons that work fine on lower level toons, zoning in and out of instances, logging in, nothing wrong at all. But log in with the exact same addons to a lvl 80 in Dalaran, and if you didn't flush dns, it locks at the end of the load screen with a full blue bar. If you flush dns, and sign in, you get lots of lag in Dalaran (like normal), but as soon as I try to zone into a random heroic, I get the load screen lockup again, with oddly enough the background music of Dalaran never going away.
This is a bug in the patch that several Blues have confirmed is a bug that they are working on along with several other bugs.

They have also said they are working on a bug fix patch to be out within the next few days.

There's a range of fixes including deleting all the Blizzard folders in your addons folder that I've seen both in the Tech support forums as well as the Mac tech support forums.
[/quote]

I'd really appreciate anyone who finds an addon issue letting us all know in some way here. Just don't use the Blizzard forums or suggest to a Blue poster on their forums that this is in fact their issue. They aren't into listening to their customers and will just 24hour ban you.
Not sure where you go the 24 hour ban thing from. I've been scanning the CS forums , TS forums and Mac TS forums since this patch went out and I have not found anyone being banned simply by posting a bug report. Not without due cause - being a disruptive jerk is against the code of conduct for the forums I believe.

Yes some of it is their issue but given they have no control over what addons a customer has installed the first step in the diagnostic process is to turn these all off.

I have however seen plenty a thread where a blue has taken someones feedback about how to fix certain patch issues or about a particular bug and they have thanked them for it.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)