View Single Post
06-11-23, 05:24 PM   #6
cheesewiz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Either you are confused or you're trying to muddy the waters.
There was a wheel file (a python package) in the link you posted, I simply extracted the sources.

I know what the addon part does. If the python program pulls fresh data from the AH web api every hour and writes those to the saved variables or overwrites an addon file in AddOns, you still need to reload the game to get the data to show up in-game.

You also afaik need a button press to actually buy any deals the addon finds?
If you are using an external program or script to automate any of those actions, you are botting.

The whole idea of getting 24hr updates into the game unattended is obviously skirting the edges of what Blizzard would tolerate.
If they wanted you to buy using the web api they'd have provided endpoints, obviously they want separation between the two domains.
Isn't a website like https://undermine.exchange/ doing exactly that? Tracking item and price changes per hourly updates on a 24/7 schedule? The only difference between that and mine is that mine offers a way to import that data into the game. Making a macro ingame for /reload and binding that to a key is probably the easiest thing a person can do and is allowed because it's a macro in game.

As for the python program, idk what wheels are. I assumed that since I had to use the wayback machine to even find the page for the program, the download itself wouldn't have anything in it. It's cool to see that it can still be downloaded with a little effort.

After the datas in the addon file, the addon inside the game does all the searching and all I need to do is either confirm or deny the purchase, which follows what every other auction house addon is capable of doing.

Idk how to clarify that the program isn't touching the actual game, just updating the files for an addon so it can be used in the game. The nature of something that makes someone gold must be too much for them to allow? idk.