View Single Post
08-21-09, 11:14 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As a user of addons as well as a creator I felt more at home at wowinterface than anywhere else.

As a writer I have some of my more popular addons on curse with comments etc setup over there just in case someone feels like commenting on the addon. And that I did based on a request posted on the site from a user of the same interface I design extras for and not for personal choice. Sure it may end up being more work for me but on every addon page I have stressed that I spend my time on this site. If someone really needs to get a message to me can send it here. I only check my curse pages a few times a week, compared to a few times a day on this site.

As a user I check here for all updates to my addons. Manually mind you, as I stopped using downloaders months ago when wowmatrix was suggested as a cause for many a guild account hacking one week. Whatever addons are not hosted here I grab from curse. It takes but a few minutes and I do that once or twice a month. Where I spend most of my non game time on this site I generally download updates as I see them ready to go into the game the next time I decide to update the addons.

Whether wowinterface or curse is better than the other is purely up to the individual in question. I personally feel that wowinterface is better but that is my personal preference that I do not force on anyone else.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818