View Single Post
08-24-09, 01:39 AM   #10
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Everyone has their own preference as to how they upload and manage their addons. Some do it souly on their own website like mobmap, and accept donations through it. Others such as atlasmod have their own site, and post on several other addon hosting sites.
To each their own goes the saying.
You could also go as far as saying post on wowace.come as it syndicates your betas and releases to curse supports svn and localization...
To say one is better than the other is your own personal preference.
Personally I despise curse.com ever since they launched their curse client, and the support of WAU was discontinued, which downloaded a bunch of out-dated addons overwriting the ones I had at the time for whatever reasoning. Since then I manually install the 1 addon I download from curse, which I recently learned the addon has its own site, so I guess no more curse for me.

As for the premium memberships, I never understood the concept on an addon site. Post on forums, download addons, submit trouble tickets. Yet the developers receive limited services that effectivly feed the addon site it's viewers. Such as a ticket system, etc. In the matter of WoWI you also receive benifits for the Alakhazam branch of sites which if you use them, is a faily nice set of services.

All in all this is a long winded post pretty much saying, everyone has their own preferences, just like in the real world, deal with them, or politely suggest directly to a developer that their addon may not be known to those outside of the curse network, and they may be missing some additional fundings/donations by not hosting their addon there as well.

Posting a vague topic such as WoWI is not as good as curse, will most likely go unnoticed by the developers who just got done looking at thousands of lines of code, and are just looking for any bugs they may have missed. As you can see no reply from a Carbonite dev after all this time.