View Single Post
08-24-09, 02:42 AM   #11
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by fyrye View Post
Personally I despise curse.com ever since they launched their curse client, and the support of WAU was discontinued, which downloaded a bunch of out-dated addons overwriting the ones I had at the time for whatever reasoning. Since then I manually install the 1 addon I download from curse, which I recently learned the addon has its own site, so I guess no more curse for me.
That's a bit of inflammatory subject for me given

a) Kaelten was paying for much of the traffic for files.wowace.com out of his own pocket
b) The costs for the bandwidth per month was easily in the thousands of dollars
c) The design of the packager meant it used a lot of unnecessary bandwidth
d) Good bandwidth does not come cheaply
e) The Curse Client is technically still in Beta. Expecting BETA software to be perfect is a little silly

So when I read that paragraph you just wrote there all i could think of was some entitled user crying that their wow matrix - like one button update was no longer working so they're going to hate Curse.

IMHO It's a little like saying you hate your favourite ice cream parlour for closing it's doors due to harsh economic conditions.

Please tell me I'm wrong
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)