View Single Post
02-10-12, 03:51 PM   #12
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
time during loading accuracy.

Okay so i had an idea... it may be a bad one maybe not. I need some details first. So how accurate can time delays be? could you delay something into 100ths and 1000's of a second? does wow understand a time delay of 0.001? i know it understands 0.01 as a 1/10th of a second. Why is this important you may be thinking. Well my next question is how accurate are these timers, how reliable? are they at all effected by lag? My thinking is since now i have an issue of even if a file is listed first in the toc the addon settings are still in an addon loaded event and even though its listed before other files if i use addon loaded in other files it has no guaranty it loads first in fact i cant get it to load first no mater how many times i reload. So my thinking is what if, where i need things to fire after that settings code but still in an addon loaded event from another file, I use a timer of 0.001 or the like to stall that code. Would that insure it fires prior to player_login? the big reason to load as much as possible prior to player login and player entering world is it helps alleviate tainting especially when you reload or relog while in combat, prime example is if your dc'd during a boss fight. Ive noticed that combat lockdown and the secure environment do not invoke until player_login or later.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]