View Single Post
06-07-09, 07:09 PM   #1606
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've chosen to respond to Cairenn specifically, but everyone asked the questions she did, and I'm really responding to all of you.
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Then out of the blue, people started with personal attacks again, against someone who had actually come around and started being a member of the community? What the hell?
I haven't yet begun to attack him as I am inclined to do, and I decided it was better to /ignore him than go on a rampage for directing his rational inconsistency at me.
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
There was no need for any of this, and it was out of line. I'm really disappointed.
*Looks around, looks at Silenia, and then looks very confused.*

Here, milady, I'm going to have to politely agree to disagree with you and stand in the offended group with Silenia. In keeping with your relatively thorough attention to detail, I'm going to assume that you did indeed read everything he said to me specifically. Let's review.

On page 79, Estoppel made a comment about my credibility. Silenia, Lykofos, and Tuhljin stuck up for me, all of them making impressively valid points. On page 80, I admitted that my credibility currently looks awful, but I can't help that because I'd rather look bad than risk fending off lawyers. I also said,
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
...I'll not have anyone impugning my integrity on the sole basis of their skepticism.
To rephrase that a bit more simply, it p*sses me the f*ck off when someone says something bad about me just because they don't believe me, and I'm not going to put up with it. If someone pushes the skepticism button with me and pushes it too far, I'm not going to happy about it, and I furthermore am not going to take it lying down. I shouldn't have to take it, and I shouldn't be expected to take it. That statement was an extremely polite way of stating everything I just said. Perhaps it was too polite; I don't know. At this point, it doesn't matter.

Continuing on page 80... Silent then put his foot in his mouth and said I shouldn't be mentioning information I have if I'm not going to share it. This displayed to me that he clearly didn't read a thing I've said before he decided to presume to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Not only so, he decided in the same post, two lines later (read it here if you'd like to verify it) to act like a hypocrite and do exactly the thing he said I shouldn't do. What's more, he couldn't display the reason to see that he and I are in a very similar place with WM. As I was promptly exasperated, I told him everything that was wrong with every statement he made, informed him that he had managed to offend me (understand that to mean that he p*ssed me off as I had informed him and any other skeptics would happen) and that I would be adding him to my ignore list. I didn't actually add him because I wanted to give him the opportunity to do something, anything, to redeem himself. He instead responded with an extremely flippant attitude and expected his apathy to be justification enough for everything he said without offering so much as an apology. Seeing that he was acting like a pig and I had been trying to teach him to sing, I told him that if he was going to behave that way, he should expect nothing but hostility, and then I put him on my ignore list.

I'll say it again: if someone is going to be rude to me, I'm not going to put up with it. I'll be nice enough to inform an offending party that my ire is rising, but if they press further after that, they've asked me to give it to them with both proverbial barrels, and I'm going to let them have it!

I understand that you don't appreciate my thought process about that, and I'm truly sorry that I offended you by my hostility. My anger isn't directed at you. I understand that you are doing your absolute best to make him feel welcome here, but insofar as I am concerned, I don't really see him working with you on earning that. I have a difficult time making someone feel welcome who treats me with a complete lack of respect. I've already made a decision that I'm ignoring him. This means I don't have to reply to him, and I won't. To that end, I won't be treating him rudely anymore, and you don't have to worry about that.

Unless I see an apology from him in future posts, don't expect me to roll out the red carpet and line up paparazzi for him.