View Single Post
01-02-14, 06:16 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd cook a salmon, but if I remember correctly, you live in the middle of the US, so I'd guess fresh salmon are either nonexistent or super expensive for you.

However, hunting season is not that far past, so if you know any hunters who got an elk this year, beg them for some elk ribs. Or elk steaks. Or elk anythings. Eat all the elks. Eat them now.

If that is also not an option, I guess just get a regular steak or something. The secret to steak is salt. Plop it on a plate, salt it to death on both sides and then some, and let it sit there for a few hours. Now dump out all the useless water that's been chased out by the salt, brush off the extra salt (its job is done), sprinkle on some pepper/lemon pepper/garlic powder/whatever you want, and grill it until it's warm in the middle but still pink. Now let it sit on a plate (not the same plate it sat on raw, that's gross!) for 5-10 minutes. Now, and only now, is it ready to eat.

Or, if you're in a hurry, just grill some sausages. No prep, and pretty much impossible to ruin.