View Single Post
01-15-15, 12:56 AM   #22
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Hi, Seerah. I had the understanding that the GitHub files (which are always in a constant state of change), were there for the developers and not for normal users to use. It would seem to me that if users found issues with those files, they'd then be posting errors all over the place, which is happening now--almost daily! Maybe it's just me, but I feel a little safer downloading and using files which have already been 'approved,' such as the Live version offers. I'm just waiting and hoping that some of the Live version (sub-categories like Warehouse) will be updated, and not necessarily a completely new Live version. I can wait for the "complete" overhaul to be done. I hope I explained this clearly enough.
In one way u want to have Live Releases fast in other u want them to be 'approved' and tested. Its hard to join those two.

Latests GitHub version is really Release Candidate so it probably be the next Live version. As to GitHub versions of Carb, normal users could use it too, we cant test all. The thing is that bugs/issues/errors sould be reported to GitHub interface (https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/issues) not here.