View Single Post
08-01-09, 12:23 AM   #34
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sigh.

Okay, I used to say this before WAR came out and now I'll say it for Aion:

It's not fair to make a comparision of a new MMO at release to WoW current. WoW has had 4+ years of player feedback to fine tune and polish things. To pass my actual comparison, it's like comparing an apple in the produce section to an orange seed that was just planted. Even better comparison: trying to compare the competency level of a 5th grader to a 1st grader.

And no, being in development for 4+ yrs does NOT equate to 4+ years of actual player feedback, so this still voids any comparison.

Taking that into consideration, anyone who's attempting to make a comparison should take a snapshot of WoW now and compare it to Aion (or any other released MMO) in 4 years. Unfortunately, this will never happen, and in 4 years people will still be trying to compare said MMO (at 4 yrs feedback/polishing) to WoW (at 8 yrs feedback/polishing).

Summary for the slow/too lazy to read:
Any comparisons of a newly released MMO to the current version of WoW at the time will always be inaccurate, pointless and a waste of time as the time spent developing and feedback will never be equal.