View Single Post
09-11-22, 12:45 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Start Edit
I decided to create my own table and reference that instead of the Enum path I saw their frames use. The EditMode error popped up. All I did was change from their Enum tables to my own tables. EditMode clearly doesn't want you to use their moving system it seems. Or, hopefully they just haven't finished it enough to allow addons to use it yet.
End Edit

Yeah, I noticed the first part was a table situation but putting it into a table and trying to get that table recognised by the EditMode system was even more of a problem. So back to the drawing board.

Naming aside, it's just for a test on my system, more unique naming would have applied if it ever went live as I have always done - in fact almost all of my data is local to avoid public collisions. Unfortunately almost all of nUI is fully public so I have got a fair task to correct that issue at the same time as everything else.

As to adding it to their Enums, at the moment that is the only way I can see it working.

I am just hoping I can figure out what nUI is doing that EditMode doesn't like and can fix that problem which prompted error messages like the following, otherwise I may have to do a full re-write of nUI if nUI can't handle Blizzard frame movements now if the EditMode system wants to have the only access :
Lua Code:
  1. "[ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'TargetUnit()'.",
  2. "[string \"@Interface/AddOns/!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua\"]:519:
  3. in function <Interface/AddOns/!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:519>\n[string \"=[C]\"]:
  4. in function `TargetUnit'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua\"]:1414:
  5. in function `RefreshTargetAndFocus'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua\"]:1354:
  6. in function `OnEditModeEnter'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua\"]:162:
  7. in function `EnterEditMode'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua\"]:183:
  8. in function <Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:181>\n[string \"=[C]\"]:
  9. in function `Show'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua\"]:2871:
  10. in function `SetUIPanel'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua\"]:2677:
  11. in function `ShowUIPanel'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua\"]:2581:
  12. in function <Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua:2577>\n[string \"=[C]\"]:
  13. in function `SetAttribute'\n[string \"@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua\"]:3174:
  14. in function `ShowUIPanel'\n[string \"*:OnClick\"]:2:
  15. in function <[string \"*:OnClick\"]:1>",

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-11-22 at 01:34 PM.