View Single Post
09-03-12, 12:58 AM   #25
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Daveo77 View Post
Do you have Volume Shadow Copy enabled, this is enabled automatically if you have System Protection turned on. I have mine turned off, as I maintain my own full system backups on a separate external drive.

If so, clear all Restore points and create a fresh one, that should fix the issue.

Else, are you putting the addon in the correct Interface folder, as if game is installed to default location (Program Files), then under Vista/7 the game can't write to any folders within Program Files folder, and so stores the Interface and WTF folders elsewhere, usually C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft).

Just two other ideas that I could think of that may cause this issue you are experiencing.
With regards to your first idea, like you I also maintain my own full system backups (Macrium Reflect) on a separate external hard drive. Because of that I've had System Restore turned off on my system/data partitions for at least 3 years, but I wasn't aware Volume Shadow Copy might be getting in the way of things. I went to Services and disabled VSC, then logged into WoW to see if doing that made any difference. It didn't, the same 7 errors for 'Profesions' showed up along with the TenTonHammer one. It's getting late so tomorrow I'll re-boot the system to flush things out, then log into WoW and see what happens (got stuff running in the background ATM that I don't want to shut down yet).

I have WoW installed on my F: partition in F:\World of Warcraft. SFAIK, WoW has no problems writing to the game sub-folders in that location. F:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons is where all my addons are installed, and WTF is also located in that same game primary folder. I looked in my C:\Users\Public folders and went through the Blizzard WoW folders located there and, other than the /World of Warcraft Installer folder, they're all empty. Unless a game forces me to, I _never_ install a game in C:\Program Files.

Hopefully re-booting the system tomorrow afternoon will do the trick. If not, oh well, time to think of something else.

Last edited by Coasty : 09-03-12 at 01:00 AM.