View Single Post
09-10-09, 08:19 AM   #15
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I won't edit my post and I do apologize if this is seen as a totally off topic post but seems my example wasn't taken very well or maybe quite honestly it wasn't that great of an example but I wont go into how a healer should or shouldn't be played but yes I did die as well as the group a few times. But I guess I am just spoiled by good healers most of the time. But really that's neither here nor there in my opinion as I am not even sure why my post was nit picked just to bring that up...

Now back to on topic junk, ya I hear you about the blowing all that money to get away from the stupid crap that people come up with I had the same issue when I first hit 80 on my priest as I was still in a few 70 epics as there was just nothing better really for many different reasons. Sadly as I stated this seems to be something that plagues all servers for the game which I think is horrible. It drains the game of fun as many have stated.

I remember posting something similar to this thread in at least two of the guild I was in while I was raiding in a guild and not a group of guilds and I would say I was amazed at the amount of hostile posts I got back it just amazes me of the mentality of people.

Personally as far as research goes I don't spend hours upon hours crunching numbers trying to get the very last drop of efficiency out of my spells from talents or stats, generally what I do is look around on my server, which probably isn't the best around, but look around on my server and grab names of characters from the top raiding guild(s) on my server for classes I play and look at their talent spec and glyphs go down each talent and if it seems useless to me or too situational than I won't get it and tweak their specs. Does this make me a worse player? I don't know and honestly don't care cause guess what, if the talent spec doesn't work I can experiment and tweak it more, sometimes that's a pain in the butt but I like when I find a right combination of things that work through experimentation. I mean it's nice not to have everything handed to you on a silver platter with everything arranged correctly. I think that makes a worse player when they grab cookie cutter specs and don't really examine them. Sorry this is getting away from itemlvl topic but talents were brought up.

I find it quite amazing that I haven't seen any of the "link this achieve for an invite" deal though I haven't been playing much lately, but still I haven't seen any of it. Luckily though I am sure it will hit because as we all know achievements aren't there to have fun but to rate characters like everything else in this game it seems except skill. Anyways I didn't have much to add hope that doesn't get pointed out as I just did it myself, just wanted to basically agree with most everything that was brought up and maybe toss in a cent or two.

- Winston Churchill