Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
12-16-14, 12:24 AM   #883
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I'm going to bring this up again, since I have not seen a response, and I am having the same problem. If minimap is set to dock and not full size interior building maps and cave maps are visible but if set to full size it is just black. Square setting or circle, above icons, etc, all settings have no effect. The interesting thing is that if I hold down <CTRL>+<ALT> and move around inside the garrison mine for example, I see the mine interior map and nodes just fine. If i release the keys it goes black again. I have tried with just carbonite as only addon loaded with clean wtf dir and it has the same quirk. 2 different accounts too.
The black circle is a bug in blizzards rendering of the minimap. The moment it's even the slightest transparent it turns entirely black for random places / area's. it has plagued Carbonite since dalaran (you can find people asking about it from years ago), I was using "bugged areas" to detect and force it to dock in spots it would happen, but now it's happening in more and more places... the only fix would be to disable transparency of the minimap.