View Single Post
12-14-10, 03:02 PM   #36
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by djGrrr View Post
i hope your not meaning a stable release version, the current version of carbonite has a serious lag bug, after some time playing every time you attack something, the game freezes for a few ms, the longer you play with carbonite loaded, the worse the lag gets, it eventually starts to affect framerate really badly, this happens whether in dungeons or not. unloading carbonite makes the problem go away completely. this seems to be something new since 4.0.3
Unloading Carbonite does not mean it is Carbonite, since unloading it requires logging out and back in, which reloads the world and all addons.

Is "Display Lua Errors" checked in the Help page of the game Interface options? It needs to be on or when addon errors happen you may get lag without knowing why.

If we saw serious bugs like that we would be fixing them. I spent about 4 hours last night testing beta 4 by leveling my rogue from 80 to 81. I did 51 quests in Vashj'ir. There was no lag. Common bugs are easy to spot, because many people will post about them. See how many people posted about chat spam or missing quest areas? A lot. Your bug could easily be caused by a rare combination of game, addon and OS settings.

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
2 Delete the Cache folder.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.
4 Delete all Carbonite folders in Inteface\Addons. Download and install the latest Carbonite version again.
5 Disable all addons except Carbonite.
6 Play and see what happens.

Also try typing /reload if you see the problem and see if that reduces it.