Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-11-12, 01:16 PM   #389
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
My Rantings!

Hey Guys and Galls
I have a few things to say so please bare with me.
FIRST. Rythal you are fantastic, you have done a great job and I am sure we all adore you for your time, energy and the sheer fact that you stayed in contact with the other fans on this forum.

SECOND. I have personally not found any "bugs" YET in the Official release, but in saying that I still prefer the fact that Rythal went to the effort of placing the Pandarian maps in (unlike the DEV's).

THRID. Map issue not showing more than the 3 surrounding zones. This IS caused by TWO things. One is the "ZONE MAP" or "BATTLE MAP". if you cannot see it sometimes it hides behind things on your UI. so "Shift+M" will toggle it on or off. Second thing that causes this is other addons that ALSO share the "ZONE MAP" or "BATTLE MAP". e.g. Archy (addon). ... Side note, if you map flickers then disable "Tom-tom" and just use the Tom-tom Emulator" inside Carbonite.

FOURTH. Rythal---------- PLEASE make your own addon ... use your own code, the maps do not belong to carbonite, they belong to the game. strip out all the junk that carbonite is using, and make a nice streamline addon. if you are worried about the questing DB, maybe make something that players can upload quests that they have completed and make it a "Fan enhanced" addon. I say make a posting for features that players would want to use in "YOUR" addon, or even make separate "Modules" that we can choose what we want.

FIFTH and LAST. I am appalled at the DEV's of carbonite for their lack of Acknowledgement to Rythal, and I would rather donate to Rythal for being a real person and not just a dark shadow DEV. I mean really the lazy Carbonite developer couldn't even change is Radio buttons on his download page under the "Vote for a new feature when you donate: " Cos the second line down still says "Update items database for 4.0" I mean WTF??????

Ok enough said by me, I'm keeping Rythals Zip file just in case :-)