Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-11-12, 01:28 PM   #390
mitchsb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is going to sound a bit wishy-washy, but so be it.

I've been reading a lot of the posts concerning the Carbonite devs. On the one hand, I understand those who want 1. updates when a new version comes out 2. a word or two from the devs that a new version is coming out 3. a little better attitude toward those who help out. Carbonite is not just ANY addon. It does a HELL of a lot for the game. I've read on one blog that we shouldn't get attached to any one addon. Well, that's fine, but NO addon does everything that Carbonite does the way it does. It makes the game SO much easier to play. So, yes, we do depend on it and yes, it would be great if the devs communicated a little more with the community about what is going on. In addition, when a volunteer offers to help the devs out and fix problems with a particular version, there should not be anything from the devs but a hearty thank you. Their attitude is what bothers me most about this whole situation.

On the OTHER hand, I understand the concerns of the devs. This is after all a completely volunteer effort. Yes, they do ask for donations, but I doubt very much that they make enough to cover their time and skill developing this addon. They also don't play the game anymore. If it were me, I'd probably have dropped development of Carbonite long ago. But, they haven't (not yet). And, let's not forget folks that we are talking about an addon for a GAME. We all have lives outside WOW as do the developers of Carbonite.

There's my rant...

And 2 more things. The new version is working great for me. Keep up the good work devs. And, Rythal, I will be keeping an eye on what you do. Your fan version wasn't perfect, but it was a welcome thing. Let us know when you do have something up and running.

Last edited by mitchsb : 09-11-12 at 01:33 PM.