View Single Post
05-19-09, 09:43 AM   #32
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sondus View Post
if WoWInterface didn't suck so hard. This site is just very poorly setup, programmed and run.
Um... wot ?

It's setup quite nicely for both addon users and addon authors alike. One of the easiest used sites for addons I know. it's also stayed up a lot better then other addon sites on patch day which says something for how it's set up.

One easy download and update of ALL your addons
at one time.
At what cost ? And do you need to ?

WoWInterface and Curse simply don't give a crap about users, just their bottom line and refuse to work with WoWMatrix even though WoWMatrix offered to help pay for their bandwidth.
Here's a clue for you buddy boy : Wowmatrix are lying to you. Curse and Wowinterface have always tried to work with the addon users and the addon authors. They had posts up refuting the line wowmatrix are trying to feed you before wowmatrix even posted that FAQ. In fact they had posts refuting it up in October 2008 if you cared to look.

I've switched from Carbonite simply because they refuse to use WoWMatrix.
Because it's soooo hard to update 1 addon when you get an in game message about it. Right.

I was a subscriber but will not donate any money whatsoever in the future because like WoWMatrix, Carbonite writers only care about themselves and not the gaming community.
Of course this would be why they willing cut their paid subscriber model and put these forums up where you can speak directly to the developers of the mod. Damn bastards.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)