View Single Post
05-23-09, 08:33 AM   #39
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aera View Post
I usually don't post but this topic has me very disappointed.

It's not about whether or not we should/can/want to update our Addons manually or using a tool. Fact is that many of us very much deeply appreciate tools like WoWMatrix for managing our Addons and keeping them uptodate. For those who do it manually - good for you. We're not commenting on that. But, at least show some level of maturity, and try to understand that there are plenty of us who prefer the tools. Why do you feel that you need to judge us? We don't all *have* to play and use WoW the same way.

So please stop the teen "I update manually, you should too"-type statements and listen to your paying "customers".

For the most part it's not about using tools to update your addons. It's about one updater in particular. At one point there was only that one updater tool that was easy to use and a ton of people used it. Now they can't, and the only options that remain are 1: doing it manually or 2: using the Curse client and/or the Minion when it becomes available.

There are no "customers" here at WoWI. Only those who've made donations. A donation makes you a voluntary contributor, not a customer