View Single Post
12-18-12, 08:49 PM   #20
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Yes, but either way you're not doing anything to change the fact that the errors exist, or what the Lua interpreter does when it encounters one. You're only changing whether and/or how errors are displayed to the end user, so saying you're "shutting down the Lua error system" is not really accurate.
Yes I agree with you and I'll try to make this clear when discussing BugSack/BugGrabber for the future.

So it only shuts down BugSack from reporting them ?

Still. If your getting that many errors in a shorter time period to make BugSack clam up and not want to report anything else you have serious issues with one of your Addons.

It may make BugSack slighty inaccurate once it's stopped itself from reporting anything more but once you fix the issue with the addon making it go over it's threshold of reported errors in X time you can then move on to fixing the rest of the errors that may show up.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)