View Single Post
02-03-15, 11:27 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
A search for "You are not in a raid group" finds ERR_NOT_IN_RAID in the Blizzard file GlobalStrings.lua and a search for that should find the addon which is spamming you (its not in any of my addons).
Actually, a search for that will likely turn up nothing, because the problem the OP described is almost certainly not caused by some addon literally printing "You are not in a raid group" (why would any addon do that?) but rather by some addon attempting to send messages (probably hidden addon communication messages, but possibly normal chat messages if it's some kind of announcement addon) to the "RAID" channel.

What you'll want to search for is "SendAddonMessage", "SendCommMessage" (if it's using AceComm-3.0) or "SendChatMessage" (for regular chat messages) and look for places where it's specifying "RAID" as the channel type without first checking to see if you're in a raid. Other channels that may be problematic: BATTLEGROUND when you're not in a battleground, PARTY when you're not in a party, INSTANCE when you're not in an instance group.