08-16-07, 03:12 AM   #1
Advent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ezmode quest tracker: does it even exist? :>

Hello again,

First of all thanks a lot for all the addons I was able to download from Your site. They are really improving my gameplay a lot, especially leveling.
I have also been wondering, whether there is an addon that shows an arrow on a minimap upon highlighting one of the quests in the questlog, where exactly to go in order to do that quest. An automatic mark on the world map would do as well I suppose
I know that this sounds like a really lazy man's request, but I am completely new to the game and I really want to learn as many quests as possible. Such addon would make questing a breeze.
The only complication I can see about such mod is that it might get somewhat tricky to define a certain area on the map when the object (let's say, a quest mob) is spread too widely. Therefore, I suppose some rough highlighting on the world map might be a better option in such instance.

Thank You very much in advance.

PS: I have already tried TomTom from Your site, but it is unfortunately far from a complete and comprehensible indication...
08-16-07, 03:50 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Get the following Mods: Lightheaded, TomTom and Cartographer

Lightheaded will give comments and quest info from WoWHead in game. No more Alt Tabbing to an open browser window

TomTom will allow you to click on Coordinates in Lightheaded which then places a mark on your MiniMap,

Cartograher is a great map mod with many useful Modules. One of the modules is Waypoints. TomTom will place a Waypoint when you click a coordinate in Lightheaded. This will show up on screen as an arrow that points toward the Waypoint and also will give you distance and estimated time to travel to that Waypoint. Very handy.
08-16-07, 07:24 AM   #3
Advent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Xinh,

I had already had lightheaded and TomTom working when I created my post. The problem is, they aren't quite enough
TomTom basically lets me see where the quests begins (which is pretty pointless since I am already on it) and where I can hand it in. I have been dreaming about an addon which marks on my map (or creates an additional cursor on the minimap) where exactly I have to go in order to perform the quest (i.e. highlists an area where the questmobs spawn). Something like a dot on Your map telling You 'Slay 10 wolves here'.
I am currently playing around with cartographer and some pre-made quest databases. However, I am new to this game and hence addons are even more complicated to me so I am not doing too well at the moment On top of that it seems that cartographer somewhat collides with Atlas, or it's just my stupid impression...
08-16-07, 07:48 AM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TomTom is for clicking on coords in lightheaded, and it puts them on the map. Lightheaded coords also work with cartographer i believe.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-16-07, 08:03 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You don't need TomTom to get the waypoint from Cartographer. As for where to go when you do the quest, read the comments in LightHeaded. They are made by players like you who wish to help other players.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-16-07, 08:19 AM   #6
Advent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Once again, I really appreciate all the answers. The real question, however, is whether there is an addon that automatically marks the objective (i.e. the mob which has to be killed/ the chest which has to be opened) of the quest on my map without having to open the Lightheaded module and read the notes. I know this question only proves my lazyness but it is for the purpose of speedrunning when I don't know all the quests in a given area by heart. I have been looking for such addon for a couple of days and I haven't found anything. I figured that I could ask on this forum where people clearly know much more about available UI than me.
Do You know if such addon (even a module for, let's say, cartographer) exists?

Thanks a lot
08-16-07, 08:51 AM   #7
Dez
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Cartographer_QuestObjectives you can find it at http://files.wowace.com/, you need to do the quest first in order for it to mark on the map, or you can search on the wowace forums for the premade databases, i think someone there made a javascript program to download/upload quest data from their server database. thats what i use.

edit: The forum with the premades is here http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=5092.0

Last edited by Dez : 08-16-07 at 09:06 AM.
08-16-07, 10:15 AM   #8
Advent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Excellent! Thanks so much Dez, that's exactly what I've been looking for
Now I just have to figure out how to include those premade databases in my interface and it'll be golden for speedrunning! And don't laugh, I've been playing around with Ui only for 3 days now ^.^

Thanks a lot everyone. /Bow

Advent (Auchindoun EU)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ezmode quest tracker: does it even exist? :>