01-09-06, 02:28 PM   #1
eladamri
A Murloc Raider
Help with custom DAB control box art.

I would consider myself an average Discord suite user.. I have a very clean UI i've been using. I wish I could give the original creator credit (listed on old discord page). It was a DART package that had 4 "tooltip style" boxes.. 1 for chat on the left.. a mirror image for combat text on the right.. a box in the middle for actions and a box that replaces the titan texture on the bottom... VERY secsi and clean.

I'm using that with my own DUF targets, player, group etc.. custom DAB bars with a bunch of conditional and on event things.. (my hunter is my main).

I'm currently using a very tiny DAB control box up near my minimap that drops down a bar with all my trackings.. even with transparencies and a muted color.. it just doesn't look right (the control box)..

What I want to do is this: I want the actual tracking icon that appears attached to the minimap to function as the control box.. I want the icon to change to match the current tracking activated (as it currently does).. and some sort of placeholder to remain when no tracking is activated.. (I will create a round button that looks like the tracking button with maybe a T in it or something)..

How do I go about changing the texture/art for the control box to do as I have listed above?

Thanks in advance.. if I haven't made anything clear, please feel free to ask and I'll clarify.

Last edited by eladamri : 01-09-06 at 03:20 PM.
01-09-06, 07:00 PM   #2
rberry88
Premium Member
With DAB open, you see your bars listed in the left pane, then the control boxes. Isn't there a custom texture box where you can type in the path of a custom texture to use for the control box.

Sorry, played with changing textures of control boxes for a while but I thought you could change it, if not then I just gave you a free bump until Loz has time to jump in.
01-12-06, 02:15 PM   #3
eladamri
A Murloc Raider
Wow.. page 6 in 2 days.

Thanks for the reply.. but nope... not what I'm asking.

I want the control box to maybe replace or work with the icon that appears attached to the minimap when tracking is active. .(might not mean a dang thing to ya if you've never played a hunter)..

Hmm.. I guess I could make the control box completely transparent and sit over/under the tracking icon... with a script that displays a 'placeholder' when no tracking is active.

Make any sense? Am I going about this the correct way?

Thanks for any help.
01-12-06, 03:15 PM   #4
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
I know it's not what you're asking exactly (and I don't know the answer unfortunately), but in my typical, "Why reinvent the wheel," method of thinking, I thought I'd share that there is an existing addon out there that does exactly what you're trying to do. I can't find it listed on here, only at the other two major UI sites. It's called BCUI Tracking Menu. It hasn't been updated in a while but neither have I seen it broken by any of the UI changes so far. There's a matching Aspect menu too. I've been using those for my Hunter since before I found the Discord mods.
01-12-06, 03:26 PM   #5
eladamri
A Murloc Raider
I'm guessing you are referring to this: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=98

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd much rather do it with the discord suite.. and not a mod that hasn't been updated in 10 months.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Help with custom DAB control box art.