05-22-10, 01:01 PM   #1
Tilteri
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Instance Maps (Not WOTLK) Atlas gone.

Atlas is gone and I am wondering if there are any thoughts about adding instance maps to the addon for other than Blizzard maps for WOTLK. I'd love to see Vanilla instance maps, and TBC instance maps. Anybody know whether they're going to do this? Or does anybody know of something that has Instance maps, Notes, and Zone Info on it? I also like battleground maps too.

05-24-10, 10:41 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
YO! Alarmist. Atlas is not, at least at the moment, "gone". It also just may not GET "gone". Here's a quote from the Atlas main site:

Due to medical and personal reasons, I'm no longer going to be able to maintain or work on Atlas. I want to personally thank the many people who have tirelessly participated in Atlas development by providing data, suggestions, help, and support. This project couldn't have been possible without you. As you may already know, Atlas is an open-source project, so perhaps it can live on under new leadership. If anyone is interested in continuing Atlas development, feel free to contact me and I'll give you as much assistance as I'm able to. I can also provide access to resources, as well as moderation privileges for various Atlas sites, including the forum. I wish everyone the best of luck. Be well and take care.

Sincerely,
Dan
Just in case you don't know, "Dan" is Dan Gilbert, the developer of "Atlas".

There is also one new update to Atlas, but it is not posted to either WoWI or Curse, at the moment: "New" Atlas.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance Maps (Not WOTLK) Atlas gone.