10-11-06, 02:47 AM   #1
Rupilius
A Defias Bandit
Question How to measure net traffic per mod ?

Hello,

recently I've noticed that my net traffic in raids (inbound mostly) is way beyond 'regular' amount of 1000 bytes / s. As it causes some problems in BWL (read: disconnects) I'd like to check what mod generate what percentage of the traffic. Hence, I'm looking for a mod which would allow me to monitor traffic generated by each of my mods.

Has anyone seen something like that ?

Thx in advance for your help.

R.
10-11-06, 08:05 AM   #2
kaylen
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rupilius
Hello,

recently I've noticed that my net traffic in raids (inbound mostly) is way beyond 'regular' amount of 1000 bytes / s. As it causes some problems in BWL (read: disconnects) I'd like to check what mod generate what percentage of the traffic. Hence, I'm looking for a mod which would allow me to monitor traffic generated by each of my mods.

Has anyone seen something like that ?

Thx in advance for your help.

R.
BWL is notorious for inbound traffic - due to the dungeon layout and encounter design, there are a lot of mobs in a small area all broadcasting updates to your client.

Of course, there are several mods (CTRA/oRA/KTM, among others) that will be broadcasting in a raid. You can't get a direct mapping from traffic to mod, but you can install something like AddonMessageViewer to see what incoming messages you're recieving.

Lastly, however, you're unlikely to be able to do anything about them. You can't prevent the incoming traffic on your end.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to measure net traffic per mod ?