04-06-07, 11:21 AM   #1
Janster
A Murloc Raider
How to remove the 3D figures?

I can modify them, but not remove them, they are a resource hog, and while i like the mod, I have to get rid of em.

Anyknow have any ideas?

Janster
04-06-07, 11:28 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't recall off the top of my head if they can be turned off, but this is from the FAQ:

I know the 3d models are nifty looking, but I'm worried that they are lagging my system. How expensive are they?

The 3d models are far less expensive than you would think. Whenever you are playing WoW, you can potentially have a kazillion models on the screen, both other friendly players and enemy mobs. Even spell effects have their own models that are created on the fly. All of these models are constantly changing position, size, animation, special effects, etc. as you play the game. Mazz3D on the other hand only shows a handful of models that do almost nothing. The cost to show such static models is fairly negligible.

I've also spent a good deal of effort making sure that Mazz3D is as efficient as possible. The database of camera information is quite compact. Moreover, the OnUpdate processing for a model is completely turned off except when it's in the middle of an animation.

That said, there are options you can set to lower the costs of Mazz3D. In MazzleOptions, you can disable random animations and/or event-based animations like having the model flinch when hit. I don't think most people will gain much performance from doing this, but it is an option. You can also use the MazzleUI Efficiency Modes to automatically turn those animations off in especially demanding contexts, for example, when you're pvp'ing or are in a raid.

Note: Animated portrait models that you see in other UI's will use the exact some resources as the ones you'll find in Mazz3D with event-based animation off. Just because these look cooler doesn't mean they cost a lot more.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-07, 11:31 AM   #3
Janster
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, been reading on it, but I've done some testing, and it does really cost 3-4 fps on my system, and when your talking the diff between 14 and 18 its enough to make a diff.

I cannot find any button to turn them on, I add portrtaits, but not remove the models.

Janster
04-06-07, 11:59 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
well if you're looking in DUF for the models, you're looking in the wrong place.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-07, 12:09 PM   #5
Janster
A Murloc Raider
Hehe, figured that, I'm gonna look a bit more now ,but I'd like to skip the sherlock holmes thing if possible

Thanks

Janster
04-08-07, 10:16 AM   #6
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
With enough searching you would find other people with questions about the 3D models and trying to remove them.. The 3D models are Mazzle's own design and are hard coded into the UI. There is no button or switch or command that can disable them ( as far as I know, mazz could have ultra secret switches installed.. not likely ).

Mazzle would be more apt to respond to your questions and every other question on here if they were placed in the stickied threads.. you know the ones that say " ask questions here " and such.. thank you..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to remove the 3D figures?