06-22-09, 03:12 PM   #1
extremekaos
A Defias Bandit
Help carbonite stopped showing me quests

Carbonite recently stopped showing me the quest target location on the map, it still logs a list of quests to complete and shows the yardage but this means i am running round looking at the yardage to increase or reduce. I have the latest version installed and everything else works fine, is it possible to have turned this option off or has the programme become corrupt. I have even removed all of carbonite and started again with the same results and it really slows down my lower level chars remembering where to go without this great aid. It was working fine one minute and on the next reload nothing so i am unsure what has happened.

Any help would be much appreciated

06-22-09, 04:39 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This should fix you up, from the CarboniteReadme.txt in the Carbonite Addon directory

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

06-23-09, 05:01 PM   #3
extremekaos
A Defias Bandit
all sorted

Many thanks, it appeared i had turned the quests off.

06-27-09, 01:09 PM   #4
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Well my button is on, and I have tried turning it off and back again and I am not seeing the quest areas.

06-27-09, 02:26 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Well my button is on, and I have tried turning it off and back again and I am not seeing the quest areas.
So you have the Green radio button on the Quest Tracker toggled on and the map is not highlighting quest areas for you?

If that's the case, I would double check the Options pages for Map, Map Mini Map and also for Quest's. If I remember correctly, one of those pages also had a checkbox, which was checked by default, that made mention of Quest's being shown on the Carbonite Maps.

You can also check the menu options that come up when you Right Click on the map and choose the "Show" option. I believe there may have been something to tick off there also.

I'm not logged into WoW at the moment so I can't verify exactly where everything was, all this is from memory, as poor as it is

07-04-09, 04:41 PM   #6
Kalipall
A Kobold Labourer
same problem

I'm having the same problem. I've reloaded carbonite into my computer several times. the path is C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons. I've toggled the green button several times with no change. I've also looked at all of the options for the map and for quests and from what I can see, it should be working. Any other ideas?

07-07-09, 10:40 AM   #7
amoraa
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy happening to me also

i have reinstalled carbonite and it is not showing the areas of where i have to go to complete low level quest. i have been working on the loremaster achievement i dont know what i have to do. i go and click 80 to the memory of quest but that doesnt seem to work at all cause once i refresh the screen it goes back to 0 . i dont know how or what to do . i am always on playing so you can check with me for the people that are in turalyon realm thanks very much amoraa

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Help carbonite stopped showing me quests