07-15-16, 02:55 PM   #1
metarra
A Murloc Raider
Cannot access Real UI options after fresh install

I cannot access the Real UI options from either the game menu or from the botton on the bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I also find that whenever I log in, I get the "Tutorial" and "Skip" buttons showing up every time. The Tutorial button does not work and simply outputs some stuff to my chat.

Here are my screenshots of the issue: http://imgur.com/a/RFHVV

I have tried several times deleting my WTF and Interface folder and downloading Real UI again from WoWInterface. I also tried deleting my Cache folder. I have these problems on both live and on the beta.

Edit: This problem happens on my level 100's. On my low level character, the Tutorial button still doesn't work but I can access Real UI's options after clicking Skip.

Last edited by metarra : 07-15-16 at 03:38 PM.
07-15-16, 10:18 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Try downloading the ui again, this typically happens when a file gets corrupted.

07-15-16, 11:23 PM   #3
metarra
A Murloc Raider
Maybe a file was corrupted while uploading? I've downloaded the file several times. I also noticed that some classes worked fine while others did not.

The UI does not work properly with rogues and druids. The UI works fine with warlocks and monks. These are the classes I have tested this new version of the UI with. I also made a level 1 of these classes to made sure it wasn't my specific lvl 100 character.

I have been using Real UI for a long time and I don't like any other UI. I am really bummed if I cannot get this fixed! I might try re-downloading r16 to see if it still works for me.

EDIT: I just tried revision 16 and I was able to access the Real UI options on rogues and druids.

Last edited by metarra : 07-15-16 at 11:28 PM.
07-15-16, 11:36 PM   #4
Kincy
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same issues with a brand new install. I've completely deleted it and redownloaded it multiple times to rule out file corruption. I'm going to go grab the latest version before this one and see if all is well and hope that around legion it works again.
07-16-16, 08:35 AM   #5
Santriani
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Same problem for me and add this:

I've downgraded to version 8.1 r16b .

Regards!!!
07-16-16, 09:35 AM   #6
metarra
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Santriani View Post
Same problem for me and add this:

I've downgraded to version 8.1 r16b .

Regards!!!
What class do you get that message on?
07-16-16, 09:52 AM   #7
Santriani
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by metarra View Post
What class do you get that message on?
With my druid.
07-16-16, 02:11 PM   #8
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Thanks for the reports guys! Should be fixed in r17a

07-16-16, 07:05 PM   #9
d8abyte
A Defias Bandit
Still not working

Still can't access options panel on my druid in r17a. Along with multiple error messages on load up.

9x ...rface\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Defaults-Defaults.lua:83: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'maxComboPoints' (a nil value)
...rface\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Defaults-Defaults.lua:83: in function 'SavageRoar'
...rface\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Defaults-Defaults.lua:94: in main chunk

9x ...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:621: attempt to call method 'SetupDefaultTracker' (a nil value)
...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:621: in function <...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:619>
(tail call): ?
[C]:: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:529: in function 'InitializeAddon'
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:644: in function <...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636>

8x ...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:533: attempt to index upvalue 'db' (a nil value)
...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:533: in function 'Createslots'
...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:686: in function <...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:668>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:558: in function 'EnableAddon'
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:571: in function 'EnableAddon'
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:651: in function <...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636>
[C]:: in function 'LoadAddOn'
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:391: in function 'UIParentLoadAddOn'
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:482: in function 'TimeManager_LoadUI'
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:993: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:891>

52x ...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:249: attempt to index upvalue 'db' (a nil value)
...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:249: in function 'UpdateVisibility'
...e\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:494: in function '?'
...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:145: in function <...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:145>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function '?'
...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function 'Fire'
...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <...AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Last edited by d8abyte : 07-16-16 at 07:11 PM.
07-16-16, 08:02 PM   #10
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Download it again, should be fixed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Cannot access Real UI options after fresh install