10-08-05, 08:07 PM   #1
Bastle
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ReactionBar 1.1.3

ReactionBar gives you access to the most relevant skills depending on your target. This is important because there are so many skills and ranks of skills you can't possibly have them all bound to easily accessible keys, with ReactionBar you can.
ReactionBar does this by switching the skills on your main ActionBar depending on if your target
- is something you can attack and
- is at a certain range.
For healing classes only the first applies, for Hunters both apply.

ReactionBar doesn't give you extra bars, but utilises your existing ActionBars. It will work with the default UI, as well as Nurfed, Gypsy, CTMOD, BibMod and GBars ActionBar mods. It won't work with Discord Action Bars or FlexBar as they provide their own framework to do this.

Feel free to provide any suggested features you may want for this AddOn.
Download it here : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...nfo.php?id=4237

Last edited by Bastle : 03-11-06 at 09:09 PM. Reason: new version, hunter support
10-25-05, 09:33 AM   #2
echodyne
A Defias Bandit
Range options

I love the idea of this add on , it reminded me of an addon I used when I started my hunter. It was similar to detecting targets and switchings bars in that it would switch bars depending on range. If you could add a range bar option , that would give you a melee bar, range bar, and back to non combat bar switcher that would be awesome.

Alas , after starting the hunter again, I found that all stand-alone rangebar mods were not functioning with the newest patch. so as is , I have not had a chance to see if they would have even been compatible with yours.

If this function is at all possible , I wish you best of luck , if not , no big deal, im sure someone will update or post a new rangebar eventually.
10-28-05, 04:31 AM   #3
Bastle
A Murloc Raider
ReactionBar was where I wanted it to be at v0.1, all the rest was to make it easy to use and support more classes.

I saw RangeMelee around and that it wasn't working anymore. I'm not sure if it's a case of no one trying to fix it or if that functionality can't work anymore.

Last edited by Bastle : 03-11-06 at 08:31 PM.
03-11-06, 08:33 PM   #4
Bastle
A Murloc Raider
v1.1.3 released

ReactionBar has gone through a few upgrades over the past few months.

It now provides custom functions for Hunters and Druids. The self-casting of heals while targetting an enemy is also provided and ReactionBar has no problems with duels, in fact it takes it a step further.

When you duel it's critical to get the first blow or spell in. However your target is friendly until right at the last moment and your offensive spells aren't shown. What ReactionBar does is capture the duel request and flag your duel partner as an enemy, when the duel countdown starts ReactionBar automatically switches to the enemy page so you can spam whatever offensive spell to get the upper hand as soon as your target becomes hostile.

About now you might be thinking to yourself, but I need to self cast heals on myself while I have an enemy targetted and don't want to lose my target. Well ReactionBar has got that covered with the advanced self cast feature. Keybindings need to be setup for this in the World of Warcraft keybindings menu under the ReactionBar SelfCast heading. This allows you to cast on yourself, any of the actions from the friendly page even if you are targetting an enemy and have the enemy page shown.

For Druids the functionality makes sense in caster form but not in any of the shapeshifted forms. ReactionBar disables the automatic page switching when the druid changes form and enables it when they return to Humanoid form. The toggleable extra Action Page is accessible in shapeshifted form.

For the Hunter range switching to work the Auto-shot spell needs to be somewhere on one of the first 6 Action Pages. Thanks to a function from the RangeMelee mod this action is found automatically and is watched to see when it goes in and out of range.

Download it here : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4237
03-30-06, 06:29 PM   #5
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I am needing a slight modification to this... I want my range bar to be the default "enemy" bar and have it switch to melee only if im in melee range. Can anyone tell me the steps needed to make this change? It can trigger off of "wing clip" instead of "auto-shot" similar to the way the mod RangeHelp operates.

Last edited by Aalwein : 03-30-06 at 06:37 PM.
03-31-06, 11:06 PM   #6
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've toyed around with the LUA code the best I can... I haven't written code since PASCAL classes in college. I seem to have been able to get the rangebar up by default any time an enemy is selected, but now I can't get the enemybar to engage when I'm in melee range.

Any help?
04-01-06, 12:33 AM   #7
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well i managed to hard code it in so that it works... at least for me. It won't let me indicate Wing Clip specifically, only a specific slot. So the "auto-find" feature that is used for range weapon (ie. it searches for auto-shot) doesn't work for the melee form.
04-02-06, 07:50 PM   #8
Bastle
A Murloc Raider
See http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1445 for reply
12-03-06, 01:59 AM   #9
theesh
A Kobold Labourer
do youu plan on updating this mod for WoW 2.0?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » ReactionBar