01-08-09, 05:36 PM   #1
Xchar Team
A Kobold Labourer
Xchar Faces - official Thread

Link to the addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...charFaces.html

What is it?

Xchar Faces is a community addon developed by the World of Warcraft social community site xchar.com (and xchar.de). Its original intention was to have an addon that will show you whether other players in World of Warcraft are registered at Xchar.

What does it do?

For Xchar Users this addon will show you the real life picture of other players next to the tooltip whenever you encounter them in the game, provided they are signed up aswell. A (not so serious) video-presentation can be found here

Additionally the addon collects your character data, so it can be uploaded to create an armory-like profile at Xchar.

Limitations

Due to the nature of the addon it will only work for users signed up at Xchar.com or at Xchar.de, depending on your language. Xchar is a social community site for World of Warcraft players, connecting WoW with your real life and getting past the anonymity of online gaming. It's free of charge of course.

The so called client program, which downloads the newest pictures and keeps your characters up to date, does currently not work for xchar.com users, but it is not required in order to enjoy Xchar Faces.

Known Issues

Xchar Faces places the real life picture next to the ingame tooltip. Addons that modify the tooltip can prevent the picture from showing - it does not work with TipTac for example, but it does work with Tinytip.

While the version number is not updated, the addon is fully wotlk-compatible.
01-08-09, 07:28 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Kind of a weird concept to me, but I'm sure a number of people would use something like this. Personally, I'd rather not know what the face behind the toon looks like. Pretty cool concept though, good luck.
01-09-09, 05:32 AM   #3
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Haha that would be kind of funny
It's a bit sad that I wouldn't be able to get that "I'm female IRL" thing going on my Paladin though :P

Kind of off topic ... when I made my Paladin I wanted to experiment how people react to female players ... on my regular characters most people are like "whatever", except for the more mature people. But on my Paladin I swear, everyone's so nice to me! ESPECIALLY those random noobs that go around town "g plx". In fact I've had someone beg me for gold in Org in the past on my main, and when I switched to my Paladin I had like 5g waiting in my inbox for me oO

Just had to get this off my chest :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Xchar Faces - official Thread