07-25-10, 08:51 PM   #1
txbunny
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Can't Link Quest in chat window

For some unknown reason, I can't link my quests in the chat window, but I can link items, and profession books. Help. Greatly appreciated.

Txbunny
07-25-10, 08:57 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you shift-clicking your quests from your quest log window? Are you using any quest addons? Are you using any chat addons? Does the problem persist with all addons disabled?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-26-10, 10:28 AM   #3
txbunny
A Murloc Raider
Arrow

I do the shift-click and yes try to get it from my quest log. It pops up with an error from carbonite, but yet using the same process I can link my skill books and items. I looked at my addons and for some reason it's showing carbonite as being Carbonite 3.33, but I've downloaded and installed the lastest version. I'm gonna try that again and see what happenes. I'll post the happenings and if I can the error that I get, should I get it again.

Okay, I've redownloaded Carbonite, and I noticed that instead of just 3 folders when extracted there are 4. The 4th folder is CarboiniteItems, should that folder be there? Could that be what's causing the problem? Everything else is correct. I had deleted the older carbonite files before redownloading to make sure of no double addons.

I'm gonna try it on game now, and will let you know more.

Txbunny

Last edited by txbunny : 07-26-10 at 10:39 AM.
07-26-10, 11:08 AM   #4
txbunny
A Murloc Raider
Arrow

I haven't figured out how to copy and send the actual error to you I will type what I see as the error.

Date: 2010-07-26 11:47:25
ID: 3
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...\AddOns\Carbonite\Crbonite.lua line 6729: attempt to index global 'ChatFrameEditBos' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]:/
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6729: UsF()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3122:
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3112

Then it goest on to list the addons I have installed. These are the same addons I had before the patch and this problems occured after the patch, if I remember correctly.

Thank you for your help.
07-26-10, 11:13 AM   #5
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes thereshould be a fourth folder. Below is the desciption from the carbonite page here at wowi.

CarboniteItems - A data addon that contains information on over 25000 game items. It loads when you use the "Items >>" section of the Guide. Mouse over the item icons to see a Carbonite generated tooltip of information on the item. Search items for specific stats or where it came from. Sort by level, name or search line. Browse bosses for loot.
I'm a bit short on time but maybe your issue has been answered in the Carbonite forums area. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=119

Edit* - That was the error that came about as of wow 3.3.5 patch. The ChatFrameEditBox code got changed in the patch to ChatFrame1EditBox. They did fix it and upload a new version of carbonite.

Last edited by def9 : 07-26-10 at 04:03 PM. Reason: fixed code typo Seerah caught - thanks :)
07-26-10, 12:34 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's ChatFrame1EditBox, but yes. That error should have been fixed already. Make sure that you have fully exited out of WoW when reinstalling Carbonite. Also make sure that you do not have two copies of WoW installed on your computer.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-13-10, 09:18 AM   #7
txbunny
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Okay, I've uninstalled carbonite, reinstalled (while completely out of WoW), I've tried the "ChatFrameEditBox" and the file said there wasn't a ChatFrameEditBox. It came up with Chat, but that was about it. I followed the directions to a T and even had my husband (who is more computer savvy than I am) make sure I was doing as told, and it still didn't work. I even tried it again after reinstalling Carbonite. I could really use some help with this problem One thing I should say too, is that the error comes up when I first load any of my toons on WoW. I really appreicate all the help I've gotten, but HELP.
08-13-10, 09:38 AM   #8
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
ChatFrame1EditBox, not ChatFrameEditBox. Might be your problem.
08-13-10, 06:01 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you haven't tried this yet....

Go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and open the "SavedVariables" folder. Delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE!! This will reset your Carbonite installation. It will act like you just installed it for the first time. These files contain Carbonites' set up information, which is why it will completely reset it. Please do not worry about your quest completion data. Carbonite will prompt you to allow it to retrieve your data approximately 30 seconds (sorry, I'm not exactly sure of the time but it's short) after you enter "the world". The prompt will appear on-screen.

If you wish, this would probably be a good time to delete the Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder, re-download and install Carbonite and then fire up WoW.
08-18-10, 06:03 AM   #10
txbunny
A Murloc Raider
Question

well, got that problem solved. Thanks for the help. Now another question. How comc I continually get "This version of carbonite is really old. Check for a newer version." I have the latest version available, that I know of. My folder says Carbonite 3.3, but you show the download as being 3.4; I'm confused.
08-18-10, 04:26 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What do you mean your folder shows "Carbonite 3.3"? There should be 4(?) different folders. You probably don't have Carb installed correctly or have two different copies of WoW installed on your computer.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can't Link Quest in chat window