09-04-10, 06:57 PM   #1
morfiend37
A Kobold Labourer
carbinite stoped working when i upgraded to windows 7

i just upgraded my os from vista to windows 7 and my carbinite stopped working the files were in the addons folder but there was no addons tab in game
so i reloaded them in to the addons folder replacing the old ones and now i get the addons tab in game but carbinite still doesnt work it appears as a little green box up by the wow map. anyone know how to get it back working?
09-05-10, 09:22 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are playing WoW, completely exit WoW and try this: Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables" folder. Rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files that are there. If you don't have your file extensions visible, don't panic. I understand they show up as "Carbonite" and "Carbonite.lua". BE AWARE that this will totally reset your Carbonite installation on all of your characters on all realms (servers). Those two files contain the set up information for Carbonite, so, again, don't panic. Carbonite will write new files when you start your game, they just won't contain any of your set ups.
09-06-10, 03:54 PM   #3
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

go go carbinite. Good addon, im using it only for the map, nothing else, because can RESIZE/MOVE anywhere i want the map. There are lots maps addon and no one with this option, shame then why are called for map>?

how is this strange upgrade vista to 7? hm i think xp is still the best. You can have dual boot, i mean to install XP too to play games etc proprelly

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » carbinite stoped working when i upgraded to windows 7