05-06-10, 09:48 PM   #1
Artimidrous121
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
IRC channel #WOWUIDEV Continued

Continued from
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...219#post187219
Since it got closed for some reason.

So basicly what has been said here is if you expect people on an irc channel that is for developers to talk about developing addons thats just an insaine idea.

and
the quate from haste
Code:
0547.33| --> | Artimidorus1211 has joined
0547.48| Artimidorus1211 | hello
0548.10| Artimidorus1211 | im trying to resize a frame and have the background image stay the same siza and be clipped by the frames edge when it overlapps
0548.10| Artimidorus1211 | tex:SetTexCoord(0, 1, 0, 1); still allows it to be resized
0606.36| <-- | Artimidorus1211 has left
if that wasn't the 7th day in a row i had asked the same question over and over again then i would have been a little more patient but you know one grows tired of asking and getting ignored there should be little to no off topic convos with so many admins on. soo lesson learned if i want to learn about addons wowinterface.com is not the place to do it. at least not via the IRC channels.

Also i do understand people are not in this world to help me but if your going to hang out on a DEV channel FOr anything you should be willing to help. IU spend all Day helping other people do things in WOW and in the outside world. dont host a irc channel and clame its for developers if the onlyones that get on there want to talk about anything but addons.

WOWACE here i come

also THANKS to Torhal for this persons help everytime in on and they are there.

also for the record 9 mins on wowuidev and i get COMBAT LOG as a answere and 2 mins on WOWACE i get a URL http://www.wowwiki.com/CLEU to explain what i need to do who goes out of there way to help developers more???

Lesson well learned if i want idle chat go to wowinterface IRC if i want to get an answere go anywhere else

Also 20 min for a response in a channel with 120 and more an at all times. now thats a joke especially when they are off topic all of the time not some of the time. by the time i hit enter to send the msg its halfway up the page who could get the chance to read it.

I have also used the forums and again don't get any help here eather.

i am very disappointed in my experience with this site. i was talk that this was the place to go if you want to learn how to make an addon but it seems as though it may have been that way but it isnt anymore. again i would not recommend people to use this IRC channel if they want to learn about addon creating or if they want to ask a simple question.

Last edited by Artimidrous121 : 05-06-10 at 09:58 PM.

05-06-10, 10:16 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Artimidrous121,

You are more then welcome to use our forums to ask questions about UI authoring but complaining about IRC; this is not the place to do it and will result in a thread lock just like on any of the UI sites.

The IRC channel is not ours its the entire UI community, every web site. Some of our site staff are ops, some of curse/wowace staff are ops, etc.

IRC isn't the best or the only medium to get help with coding AddOns. Authors idle in that channel while they are playing, working and coding AddOns and things can and will get off topic. It's a community of people with the same general interest. Now I've personally seen lot's of people get help from the channel but as you've seen things can get off topic. Thats just the way a large IRC community works.

Please start a new thread asking UI related questions and I'm sure you'll be very happy with the result. We have some very smart people on these forums.

Also please feel free to PM me any questions you may have about our site and I'll be happy to answer them. I'm no pro addon coder though but there are many here that can help if you make a nice post.

Last edited by Dolby : 05-06-10 at 10:40 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » IRC channel #WOWUIDEV Continued