07-18-07, 11:53 AM   #1
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Keybinding Keyboard

I would like to see a mod that is a combination Keybinder/Barmod in the shape and layout of a typical keyboard. None of the buttons can be activated by click, so it is not really a full bar mod in functionality, but you can drag any action or macro into it. All positions are bound to the keyboard exactly as you see it. As well, you can right click a button to receive a sorted menu of in-game functions, such as movement, targeting, pet, and similar functions found only in the in-game keybindings interface. If you click on modifier keys the modifier will highlight and a new fresh keyboard will be display, signifying that you are setting up modified bindings. This mod should be able to be scaled so as to be a reminder on screen for those getting used to hotkeying. It should be hideable as well, with a keybinding that could be set to display it again or a /slash command to display. It should also have the option built in to hide blizzard default bars.

With the lack of being able to click the buttons in the mod, it will help force people to get used to keybindings, and not "cheat" by clicking.

I thought of this being possible after seeing the new Infinibar mod and after having used Spellbinder since it's release. Infinibar uses no button ids and allows for an infinite number of buttons. I started thinking that I could setup a keyboard layout and bind the Infinibar buttons as arranged on the keyboard. However, I can't quite figure out Infinibar enough to do this and Infinibar is not powerful enough to set function bindings or anything.

I would love to see a keybinding mod like this. If someone, that is knowledgeable in this sort of thing, could create this I might even pay for it. I have wanted a keyboard layout binding interface for a long time. Please could someone make this. Link your paypal too, and I will give a donation.

Last edited by Manaman : 07-18-07 at 11:56 AM.
07-18-07, 11:44 PM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Interesting request, if I understand what you want...

I don't think you could disable clicking, as this is how the game is coded, but if you wanted to setup your bars and scale them to look like your keyboard, then TrinityBars would do that. It has a simple keybinding interface as well.

That's about all I can suggest though

07-19-07, 08:26 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
wouldn't it just be EnableMouse = false ?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-07, 09:53 AM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
wouldn't it just be EnableMouse = false ?
Damn you're awesome

07-19-07, 12:15 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm like a sponge. Now, if only I could remember things that mattered - like what my students' parents looked like.... (Tired of getting those quizzical looks when asking "are you Meagan's mom?" )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-07, 12:42 PM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

LMAO. yeah... such is the scatter-brained life of an adult. I tell ya, once you have kids... it gets WAY worse...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Keybinding Keyboard