01-08-06, 01:46 PM   #1
TheFungus
A Defias Bandit
DART: Hiding/Showing and targetting

Ive searched this forum and cant quite find enough information to solve myproblem, appologies if someone has already been over this. In any case, it should be a quick answer.

Im trying to get a texture to show when I have a target selected, then hide when i have no target selected. Simple enough and I think Ive almost got it but its not quite working.

I have the texture registering the event PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED and Ive tried several methods in the OnEvent including:

if target then
DART_Show(1);
else
DART_Hide(1);
end

So far this is the most responsive, the texure hides when my target changes but never comes back. The main problem is that I dont know how the target variable is saved or how i can call it.

I also couldnt find a function like GetPlayerTarget() in the WoW API site, that would make it too easy I guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-08-06, 02:16 PM   #2
BigTimeWeb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think your basic problem is that you are using PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED which results in the texure hides when my target changes but never comes back

I'm not a DART guru, but I think you'd need to do something more like

if arg1=="player" and UnitIsPlayer("target") and UnitisEnemy("player" , "target") then
01-08-06, 02:20 PM   #3
TheFungus
A Defias Bandit
Nevermind, problem solved

Thanks for the reply, however I solved the problem myself about 2 seconds after you posted. I was snooping around the mytargetmodel.xml and found a nifty little if statement:

if (UnitExists("target")) then

took care of all my problems, but again, thx for the response.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DART: Hiding/Showing and targetting