06-01-08, 11:49 PM   #1
Cryx
A Kobold Labourer

Needed Main Tank Assist Addon/keybindings

I want some Main tank targets that are key bound. The latter is the most important. So it would select the tanks target, and assist them. /assist macro's are all great, but when tanks vary pull to pull it's a pain to adjust a macro.

I've yet to find something that does this. If someone can point to me to a mod, please do. My brother was working on coding one pre patch 2.1 but has stopped playing Wow shortly thereafter. Therefore our need (as raiders we saw a big need for it), was not filled.

I don't use CTRA Raid assist or ORA, but I use X-Perl unit frames which ties into that code from what I understand, if that author so feels like it or someone else could do it. The community would probably love it. I know I'd try and get my guild of raiders to use it.

As a rogue in raids, I don't tab target. It's slow as it'll grab random targets or never the one you want right away, and if you mis-key you often break cc. It's just bad policy IMO. My sheepers and tanks thank me for not doing it. This leaves Clicking on targets.. Yeah.. lovely thing to do when you looking at the rear of something and the hallway or confines are narrow and you need to switch targets for a kick on a cast etc.

I use the Tank Targets that are setup from X-perl/CTRA. I have to move my mouse over, and click on it.. I don't keep it in the middle of the screen, I have it off to the side. Which does 2 things I dislike. It makes me move my mouse, which I often right click to spin to view things around me, or I am scrolling back. Any time my eyes need to shift off things like target or focus cast bars or my hud, it's a possible bad thing. A keybind is needed! Please!

I've other thoughts also, if you could bind keys to like Target, Focus Target, and Last Target besides.. Oh yeah. Possibilities! You say "use macro" I say. I've got all 24 filled for various situations. A quick keypress to target the 2nd OT or 3

There, I've begged and pleaded on behalf of others and myself.

Thanks,

Cryx

Last edited by Cryx : 06-01-08 at 11:51 PM.
06-02-08, 03:59 AM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've other thoughts also, if you could bind keys to like Target, Focus Target, and Last Target besides.. Oh yeah. Possibilities! You say "use macro" I say. I've got all 24 filled for various situations. A quick keypress to target the 2nd OT or 3
thats in the default keybindings. As for the Main Tank I dunno.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Needed Main Tank Assist Addon/keybindings