04-15-09, 12:46 AM   #1
darxide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can we get Carbonite Quest back?

I would like to have Carbonite Quest back. You can call it "Carbonite Lite" or whatever. I hate the full Carbonite beyond words and it breaks several of my other addons whereas Carbonite Quest did not. If Carbonite Quest were to make a comeback I would definitely be compelled to donate to the cause.

04-15-09, 01:11 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
I would like to have Carbonite Quest back. You can call it "Carbonite Lite" or whatever. I hate the full Carbonite beyond words and it breaks several of my other addons whereas Carbonite Quest did not. If Carbonite Quest were to make a comeback I would definitely be compelled to donate to the cause.
What don't you like about Carbonite compared to Quest? If you go into the options can can pretty much disable things to the point where it functions the same.

04-16-09, 12:42 AM   #3
Syckel
A Kobold Labourer
Im also down for getting a carbonite quest back. As i do not like all its features and even turning some off does not take it that close to CQ version....The quest log for Full version i cant seem to cut off with the use of Lightheaded and doublewide.....SImple version is why i use it and would donate to the cause..

04-16-09, 01:48 AM   #4
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I love Carbonite as a whole, but I think one solution the "bring back Carbonite Quest" crowd would be happy with is where Carbonites main features are split into seperate folders. That is, one for Carbonite_Warehouse, another for Carbonite_Favorites, etc etc, so players can enable and disable specific elements of the whole Carbonite package from the addons panel (at the Character selection screen in WoW), in much the same way you can with Quartz.

This would have some handy side effects too. The main one would be that seperate features could be LOD - something that would make it easier to comply with Blizzard's (absurd) wish for mods to minimise HDD access. Another would be the seperation of large datasets, such as storing Warehouse data and Quest history data in seperate savedvariables, thereby making any data corruption (e.g. due to wow crashing during /logout) less devastating (as you'd likely only lose quest history OR warehouse OR favorite etc savedvariables).

That said, I've no idea how much effort this would require on Carbon Based Creations part.

A (probably simpler) alternative would be to add a single option to disable all advanced (i.e. non-Carbonite Quest) features somewhere on the Carbonite options panel.

On a side note, I find the "bring back Carbonite Quest" thing quite funny. I mean no disrespect to those who feel that way. It's more the irony of it all, given that Carbonite Quest died because of Blizzard's <insert suitable expletive> mod development policy. Blame Blizzard!

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-16-09 at 01:55 AM. Reason: If im not making any sense it's because I've not had any sleep (Again)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can we get Carbonite Quest back?