04-19-09, 12:14 AM   #1
hakkoo
A Defias Bandit
Can't get the map to see where i want to see! helP

Hi i have a problem with the map when i get the big map up and try to explore other parts of the world it wont let me i put my mouse over the part of the world i want to see and it wont highlight and when i double click it it goes back to where my character is i tried reseting the addon and everthing and it wont work. my friend logged on his account from my computer and his works fine only my characters doesnt work any t houghts?

this is for carbonite by the way

Last edited by hakkoo : 04-19-09 at 12:18 AM.

04-20-09, 01:32 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like the small Blizzard zone map is open, which forces the current zone to always be selected. Close their zone map.

04-20-09, 06:26 PM   #3
hakkoo
A Defias Bandit
how do i do that? i dont think any other map is open.

04-21-09, 01:12 AM   #4
hakkoo
A Defias Bandit
AH FIXED IT thanks!!!!

04-21-09, 07:39 PM   #5
bigearlx
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issue if I'm understanding the OP correctly.. Only the zone I'm currently in is filled in on the world map - when I mouseover another zone, it does not display.

If by "the small Blizzard map" you mean the map that comes up when you press shift-M (under the default keybinds), I've never used that map and in the main Blizzard map screen, I have it set to "never display". When I use the "Show Selected Zone" function, the map scrolls back to my current zone.

Does this have anything to do with the two parameters called "Maximum number of zones to draw at a time" and "Detail graphics visible area"? The precise function of those two parameters isn't explained anywhere that I've found. Currently, they're both set to 3.

EDIT: Solved for me too. In my case it was the FuBar module PointMan, which must have been doing the same thing - forcing WoW to look only at the current zone.

Last edited by bigearlx : 04-21-09 at 07:48 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can't get the map to see where i want to see! helP